List of publications on a keyword: «media literacy»
Fake News, Media and RealityProceedingSocio-Pedagogical Issues of Education and Upbringing
- Wolfgang Theis
- Work direction:
- Современные гуманитарные науки и проблемы языкознания
- This article is the result of a bibliography-based research about the topic and deals with the construction of reality by the media, how news broadcasting is filtered by various internal mechanisms in order to purify it. These mechanisms contribute essentially to the way the news is spread within society and perceived by it. Ideological and economic interests also have their saying in it. With being the fourth power in a democracy, the media has a lot of influence on public opinion and therefore has the power to influence the outcome and result of elections and other democratic processes directly or indirectly, depending on the political view and agenda the media owners have – or not. Hiding by showing and the infowar mechanisms are debated in this article, as well as the problem of internal filter methods of media outlets concerning the broadcast of news. Additionally, the problem of fake news, distorted news and media (il)literacy within society are discussed as well.
- media literacy, fake news, information war, reality construction, radical constructivism, direct realism
Media Education in the Aspect of Media Culture DevelopmentProceedingPsychologically Safe Educational Environment: Design Problems and Development Prospects
- Anna S. Filonova, Iuliia O. Altunina, Olga E. Gorlova
- Work direction:
- Psychological security in the digital environment of an educational institution
- The article discusses the main approaches to the consideration of the concepts of «media education» and «media culture», as well as the interrelation of these concepts. The article more thoroughly discusses the approach that reflects the levels and results of media education, one of the levels of which is media culture. This approach reflects the correlation of the concepts considered by us with the levels of education received by a person. Despite the many approaches to media education, all models of media education are connected by a common statement and solution of the problems discussed in the article.
- media education, media culture, media literacy, media competence, media mentality